Volunteer Code of Conduct
All Volunteers: We are so grateful for your help and the time you put into the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open. Please know your help is creating the best golf tournament on the PGA Tour and more importantly, you are helping the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open raise money for local charities. Be positive and have fun!
Below are guidelines volunteers should follow:
- Each volunteer will wear a uniform specific to his or her committee. Details regarding uniforms and distribution are posted on the volunteer site. No jeans allowed. When you are wearing your Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open uniform please remember that you are representing the tournament regardless if you are on or off duty.
- Abstain from consumption or use of all alcohol, tobacco products and illegal substances while on duty. Volunteers who do not comply with this policy, will be DISMISSED IMMEDIATELY. Having drinks in the volunteer tent after your shift is permitted.
- Do not enter corporate hospitality venues unless you are off duty, not in uniform and have the appropriate ticket for that venue.
- Be punctual. Give yourself enough time to park, shuttle, and check in before your shift. If running late or if you are unable to attend your shift, please call or text your Committee Chair.
- Volunteers are expected to work their entire assigned shift unless alternate arrangements have been made in advance with their Committee Chair or Hole Captain.
- Never answer “I don’t know” instead reply, “I will find out that information for you” and then research through the appropriate channels. NEVER give out incorrect information.
- At all times be sure you are courteous and respectful to all individuals as well as maintaining a professional level of conduct. The Hewlett Packard Enterprise Houston Open staff and Committee Chairs will dismiss a volunteer from their responsibilities if a volunteer is disrespectful, rude, or continues to display a poor attitude.
- Report any emergencies to the appropriate authorities after first taking immediate action to ensure the health and safety of the individual.
- Do not engage in any inappropriate contact or relationship with players, sponsors, volunteers or other participants of the Houston Open.
- Respect property belonging to the tournament and its sponsors at all times.