Houston Open Statement 10.19.20
The PGA TOUR and Astros Golf Foundation partner with Vivint Smart Home, Inc., a leading smart home company, to sponsor the Vivint Houston Open in 2020. More
Houston Open Statement 4.6.20
Following the announcement from the Golf Industry, the Houston Open released a statement that in conjunction with the PGA Tour and Augusta National, the Houston Open would move its date from Nov 9-15 to Nov 2-8, to accommodate The Masters Tournament.
Statement on behalf of leading organizations in the golf industry 4.6.20
- Joint announcement from Augusta National Golf Club, European Tour, LPGA, PGA of America, PGA TOUR, The R&A and USGA
- PGA TOUR announced a one-week shift for the Wyndham Championship and FedEx Cup Playoffs, concluding with a Labor Day finish for the TOUR Championship
- PGA TOUR announced intent to reschedule tournaments into the weeks formerly occupied by The Open Championship and Men’s Olympic golf competition
- Announced cancellation of The Open Championship
- Announced rescheduled dates for the U.S. open, PGA Championship and the Masters
PGA TOUR Statement 3.17.20
- The cancellation of four additional events: RBC Heritage, Zurich Classic of New Orleans, Wells Fargo Championship and AT&T Byron Nelson
PGA TOUR Statement 3.12.20 (evening)
- The cancellation of THE PLAYERS Championship, and events across all Tours – through the Valero Texas Open; Augusta National Golf Club also announced the postponement of the Masters Tournament (April 6-12)
PGA TOUR Statement 3.12.20 (morning)
- PGA TOUR events across all Tours will proceed as scheduled, but will do so without fans in attendance, starting with the second round of THE PLAYERS Championship and continuing through the Valero Texas Open.